So I have sort of settled for this new look on my blog. And I would be ever so grateful for some feedback. I am all for usabilty and for a style that mirrors my identity. It shall be pleasant and easy to look around on my blog. It shall be easy to find different features and gadgets. It shall be easy to identify links.
So what do you think about:
- The head/banner - the image and how it is cropped
- The head/banner - the way the title "Beading by Malin de Koning" is written. I am not totally happy with that myself. There seems to be a conflict between the image I want to use and the writing of my name. The sizing and the placement. I would like my name to be bigger really, but it also has to be placed so that ir is readable. Looks like the image is winning at the moment ... What do you think about it?
- The text font in the posts. I want it to be easily readable and pleasant. Is it?
- Is it easy enough to identify links, both in the post text and in the sidebar? I am not sure they are obvious enough in colour difference from the ordinary text. Visited links change their colour, again is it too similar to the ordinary text? People might wanna come back and find the link again.
- Is there anything else you wanna mention, please do so. Do not hesitate to bring up things that are negative. I HAVE asked for feedback! You are my readers, it shall be good for you!
Now the column for the posting has become wider than before, and all previously posted images are still sized for the old layout (why don't they change automatically when you change the template? something for the designers of the system to think about for the next update). I am most likely not going to go back and change each of them. It was only recently I figured out that not all of them came up original size if you clicked to open them in a new window. It seamed to be some kind of randomness to which ones did and which ones didn't. Now I know how to make them all like that though.
There are still a few other small details which I am not 100% pleased with. For instance I don't know why the text in each post changes from the dark grey colour I have chosen for the template to black after a image. Isn't that weird! I'lll have to look further into that. I might even talk to some web designer about it.
All posts need an image I think. Here is one of me and Jonake when we had lunch at Byblos, Ekero C the other day. She is one of my assistants. Also works as a DJ. She is cool, dedicated and very funny.
All my best,