Pages

Monday 17 March 2014

Knotted necklaces

A week or so ago Lorelei Eurto posted on her blog about knotted necklaces. And her post really inspired me (thanks :-) ). For one, I was really attracted to every piece she showed. All great designs and color schemes, and such fun combinations of beads. And secondly I realized that style of knotting long sections of beads for necklaces would really suit me. I often use knotting in my jewelry making. Knotting or macrame is perfect when I make jewelry sitting in front of the TV, or outdoors on the veranda for instance. I also love to roam around in my stash and pick out and combine beads of different shapes, textures and colors.

I am very happy with how these three necklaces turned out. And I got to use some beautiful art bead pendants that I have been hoarding for too long.

Necklace - Blooming

  • Bloom pendant - Tesori Trovati, Erin Prais-Hinz
  • Amazon colorored small ceramic round - Elaine Ray
  • Pastel peach Aventurine petal briolette drops
  • Pink-orange-peach Agate rounds
  • Czech glass beads
  • Pale blue small wooden rounds
  • Pink lucite rounds, etched
  • Copper beads and components
  • Waxed linen cord

Necklace - Kind Words Conquer

  • Teal-khaki-white long polymer clay bead - Humble Beads
  • Kind Words Conquer polymer clay long pendant - SwoonDimples
  • Glass beads
  • Czech glass beads
  • Brass components
  • Waxed linen cord

Necklace - A Forest Is In An Acorn

  • A Forest Is In An Acorn polymer clay pendant - SwoonDimples
  • Glass beads
  • Czech glass beads
  • Seed beads
  • Antiqued silvery chain
  • Antiqued silvery beads and components
  • Waxed linen cord

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please let me know if you are interested in buying any of my pieces. 
Contact me at: malindekoning[at]hotmail.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All my best,
Malin


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have knotted pearls previously and I really like doing it. Lorelei's necklaces inspired me too. I am in the process of putting a knotted necklace together now. I love how artists inspire artists!!! Yours are beautiful.

Karin G said...

Your three necklaces are wonderful, so full of surprise! The combination of colors and beads is just perfect.

Öbon said...

So beautiful necklaces!

Lori Anderson said...

These are all so lovely! But then, I love everything you do.