Pages

Friday 7 May 2010

Design by accident

I was gonna do this necklace in herringbone stitch from the latest issue of BeadMagazine (UK). It looks so colourful and yummie and has a nice versatile design principle where you can play around yourself with colour combinations and bead sizes. Suits me perfectly! What doesn't suit me though, is to follow instructions ... even if they are as free as these ones it seems ...
You are supposed to go up in beadsizes gradually when you are doing the "bulges". But I of course was too eager and chose a too big bead too early, with the result I couldn't come back to the smaller size again the way I was supposed too. But I decided to not care - I just continued - and I think a rather interesting structure came out of that "accident". You could use it in many ways if you continue to experiment with it. Flowers of course, and with more petals than four. And architectural or engineering structures would be fun to also experiment with. Kind of interlocking maybee. Hands ... Trees ...

Do you get any ideas? I would like to know.

1 comment:

Barbara Lewis said...

These look like they would be very interesting and beautiful bead caps! Thank you for liking my beads so much! I see you took my advice about the budget ... thrown to the wind!