Pages

Friday 30 March 2012

FusionBeads - Chained #2

So, last week I showed you two pieces I made with chain I was sent from FusionBeads as a part of the FusionBeads Affiliate Blog Partner Program that they started a couple a months ago. Here's the link to that previous post of mine.

Now it's time for part 2 of this month's reveal. And I have made another necklace and a bracelet.

First the long necklace where I used the twisted chain, with wire wrapped large round beads distributed evenly along the chain and with large gaps. Two colors, and perfectly mirrored sides.


Green semi-translucent marbled lucite 18mm rounds. White carved 16mm rounds, that I can't remember what they are. I bought them ages ago before I had a good system for keeping track of all my purchases. The word jade pops upon in my head, but ... I don't know. Two ceramic pods for a pendant. The green one is by Marsha Neal and the white one by Birgitta Lejonklou. A brass colored ball with a hank sits at the back to balance the weight.


I didn't manage to take a good photo where you can see the whole necklace laid out, or one where it sits on, when I took the photos earlier today. I might give it a go again tomorrow just to give you an idea of the proportions and the length. It reaches all the way down to the tummy.



Now the bracelet.


I used green colored/patinated metal parts by MissFickleMedia. And Rayon gimp cording to tie everything together. A somewhat unusual solution maybe, but that I am very pleased with it. The rayon gimp knots creates a nice effect against all the metal, gives another texture softer and kind of satin feeling, and it adds just a little bit more color too. I've secured the knots with glue and the cord ends with fray check. Two strands of the etched chain from FusionBeads.


The chains used in the pieces above were provided as part of the FusionBeads Affiliate Blog Partner Program. The author of this blog has not received any payment from above-mentioned company. The post above represents only personal opinion of the blog author.


All my best,
Malin


9 comments:

Heidi Post said...

Heeeeeey! Nice necklace ;D

I love the mirrored asymmetry, of course. And those white beads are super cool! I would have never guessed it was as long as you say if you hadn't said. So yes- please update us with a photo tomorrow. The chain is really cool too.

I didn't know about the gimp cord - I'm going to have to look into that. Hmm, maybe Lorelei blogged about it awhile back?

Rebecca said...

Stunning. I absolutely love the necklace, it it just a very cool piece of jewellery! Love the round, fatness of the beads. ANd the two pods...I have often looked at that shape and thought, I like you but I am not sure what I would do with you.....you've inspired me as usual Malin!

SueBeads said...

Cool Malin!

Shyme said...

Mycket snyggt! JAg gillar långa halsband och detta var härligt vårig dessutom med den gröna färgen!

Unknown said...

Gah! I LOVE your jewelry, Malin!

I love what you used with Marsha's ceramic pod and that bracelet is so unique with its "gimp" knots! I have a feeling Maire Dodd will love this piece, especially with those beautiful colors of cording!

TesoriTrovati said...

Love that bracelet Miss Malin! Those links from Miss Shannon are the star, and I like the added detail of the cord. Jump rings would have been so.... expected. The FusionBeads chain is really nice. I like it!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Pretty Things said...

You're so talented -- I love them!

E B Snare said...

Malin, these pieces are beautiful - your work always inspires me! I'm sitting here at work with a bead delivery just arrived on my desk, so thanks for the lunchtime inspiration.

All the best

Elly

Danny said...

Appreciate this bblog post