Pages

Wednesday 26 January 2011

BTW - Purple Rose Earrings

This earrings idea turned up about a week ago as soon as my Tin Bead Caps from Lorelei had arrived. This is the biggest size. And I saw they would go wonderfully with the facetted Rose Quartz Rondelles.

But I haven't been able to figure out how I want to assemble them. So every day I have been looking at different possible ear hooks, wires, directions and so on.

I thought I had settled for a silver hooks and wire solution when I came in to my studio today to take this photo I suddenly saw that purple drenched copper wire by MissFickleMedia. Of course! It is of a lower gauge than the silver wire I looked out before. Much more proportional. And then it was so easy to also go for the earhooks by HigherChakraSupplies. Perfect!

Now it is only the assembling left ...

8 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

So pretty! I love those bead caps. Such an inspired idea that Lorelei had with those! I can't wait to see the finished piece!
Enjoy the day, Malin!
Erin

Heidi Post said...

I want that purple mfm wire!!! Gah! Lovely combo.

steufel said...

Great combo!

Angel Whisperer said...

underbara färger mums
har mina hattar från Lorelei liggande framme också...skulle göra örhängen men tycket inte att dom syntes så bra då så det blir nog ett armband till slut...

Unknown said...

Awesome collection, I suggest you to use some copper in your earring collection.


Tin Wire

Malin de Koning said...

Hello Ganpati,
Thanks for your response. I clicked your link to the Tin Wire. Looks interesting. I get curious. To much info on that site for me though, I don't know where to look and for what. Would you mind giving me a simple description about the product, how YOU use it and what I should think of if I would like to purchase some. And where could I purchase it.

I did try to find your e-mail but didn't succeed. Hope you get around seeing this. You may write to me on my e-mail, the link is in my profile.

Thanks,
Malin

Rebecca said...

What lovely beads! I am loving those tiny facets. They look just lovely with those tin caps! Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Malin de Koning said...

Aha!
Slight misunderstanding from my side there.
Ganpati is the name of a company that manufactures copper wire products. I'll check more into that later. I have only really done a very brief scan of the site now. I saw they have some kind of braided wire. It looked nice.