Pages

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Wishful Wednesdays #3

Today I wish for BEEEEEEEAAAAAADDDDDDSSSSSSS!1. Dear MissFickleMedia - Shannon LeVart, you drive me crazy by constantly presenting new wonderful things you have made in your studio. The leaves, patinated in many different tones, I adore them. Your popular light pink almond flowers, but now in blue instead, simply gorgeous. And the diamond chain I have already got in verdigris (I used it in my necklace for the ABS september challenge), here in russet colour instead, wonderful.
2. Astrophyllite. I had never heard of this stone until a few weeks ago, when Mari Älgkrans who runs the excellent shop StarEyes here in Sweden presented it as a new gem in her stock. It is soooooo beautiful! Very rare apparently, discovered about hundred years ago in Norway. On Etsy CindyLouWho2 has a necklace for sale, with a big focal astrophyllite stone. In my mind it is beyond gorgeous.
3. Cobalt Sky by Sue Beads - Susan Kennedy. A couple of weeks ago Andrew Thornton had a giveaway with beads from SueBeads. To participate we where asked to look around in the SueBeads webshop and find our favourite beads and let Andrew know which ones they were. I voted for these ones which I would like to use in a necklace for all the soon to come winter parties, and especially the one at New Years Eve. And now I just can't stop thinking about those beads. I have been to the SueBead site many times since, just looking at them and dreaming away. (By the way, I won the giveaway, luuuuuuuckyyyyyy me!)
4. Mary Harding, ceramic bead artist. She has made these three wonderful components. Unfortunately both the Wild Grass Toggle and the Ceramic Pendant with Blue Wild Daisies are already sold, but hey we can enjoy the pictures anyway, can't we. The Queen Anne's Lace Charm is still available though. So so pretty!

15 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Great picks Malin!! I love the cobalt lampwork from Sue Beads, those are delightful!

cindylouwho2 said...

Thanks so much for including my astrophyllite necklace in this fabulous collection! I agree - it is an amazing stone!

SueBeads said...

Thank you so much Malin! Great post!

Unknown said...

These are amazing! I was kinda sitting here thinking on how they all sort of go together and what kind of design I might make from them all!

So glad you like the new leaves! I can't wait to get back to the work bench and fold some more metals!

mairedodd said...

have fun with all of this malin - my head would be spinning!

Malin de Koning said...

Dear Maire, if I only owned them already ... but I don't ... not yet anyway ...

And Shannon, I kind of see a theme too, a dark blue one. Winter's nights coming maybe?

First Light Glass said...

All lovely!

Rozzie said...

Great selections! thanks for sharing

Regina said...

What a wonderful way to share your bounty. Thank you.

Mary Harding said...

Thank you so much Malin for featuring my work. I was so excited to see it here. You do such creative and gorgeous work that I am honored to be on your wish list. I will try to make the toggle and vase pendant for you--they won't be just the same but close.

Pretty Things said...

Astrophyllite -- that's a new one for me, too! And I love that ceramic artist -- I just discovered her only days ago! You picked some really cool things!

Malin de Koning said...

Mary! That is just wonderful news to me. Thank you sooooo much!

Malin de Koning said...

And I just discovered you are ALSO on Etsy. Didn't know that before ...

Unknown said...

I want one of each Malin!!!
Today is my Birthday and no matter how much $$ you get for Jewellery its not enough lol. Geee ox

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace dale tuck