Pages

Friday 5 August 2011

Obladi Oblada - Life Goes On

"Life goes on, yeah". A lot is going on right now. It's an intense period for me in many different areas. So, I thought I'd share some stuff with you. Very diverse things in this post.
1.
I am going through a period when I come up with new ideas and designs easily. I feel very inspired artistically. I play around a lot, and see what happens. A lot of the things I come up with I don't end up using. And that's just how it should be I think, when you are experimenting and trying new things. Then again, some I don't want to show yet, if I will send them to magazines. But above here are two maybes for ending up in my shop. Earrings. Made tonight, and hence no natural light for the photograpghy. The hooks are really really big.

Cording is involved in a few of my latest ideas. I want to find clever and ingenious ways of using cords so that they both function as a necessary component for holding a piece together, but also become one of the main design features of it. Sort of instead of a focal. It is rather difficult I think, and I tend to simplify by the end of my processes. Guess how many variations that earring to the left have gone through. I don't know honestly. Probably 20 if I count all the different directctions and placements of different knots, or the trying to use wire and so on. And guess what, I am having great fun!

2.
Well, to be honest I kind of ripped off the style of he green one from the Mustard Yellow Button Earrings by Mandy Shaner. Aren't they attractive?!
3.
So, I am in the mood for buttons. Below some nice ones you will find on Etsy.

4.
Look at this lovely new design from Ornamentea. I think I will have to make something along these lines any day soon. Here's the tutorial for Duet Bracelet at Ornamentea

5.
And finally, something of a more heavy nature, that I feel the need to share with you - anyone - humanity - the universe:

Today I have had a new assistant introduced to me. And a lady from the counsel, who I have never met before was here also. At one point near the end of the meeting, she said "Malin, YOU shall not think about that. It's not your responsability to think about how you shall say things, or to make things work well for the people helping you. YOU shall not think that you need to change, or adjust to them. It is YOU who need help. Otherwise we wouldn't be here, would we."

You know what?! I started crying!

No one has ever said anything like that to me ever since I started getting assistance two years ago. All I have ever heard is that I must understand how difficult it is for everyone else. (And believe me, that has been said a lot.)

My own reaction was a bit chocking to myself, and I understand how tense I am about the topic. No one has ever said anything like that to me before. Can you believe that? Of course that is how it should be. But all the emphasis has been on that I must understand everyone else. And how difficult it is for them. Never a word about that things are difficult for me. It's been more demands on how I should be, and lots of questions where I need to adjust to others needs.

I don't know what more to say about this. I am just still affected by my own reaction, it was so sudden, and I was so unprepared. I think about how helpless I feel. And how I can't bare to carry myself as well as everyone else. I just can't bare it.

It is strange to be in the middle of a very strong emotion, that you have not fully grasped yet. But for some reason I feel I want to share this with you. I don't know why. It just feels big. It's life. And life goes on, obladi oblada.

Bless the Beatles. I should of course have a YouTube clip here of that song. But it's getting late. I am tired. You will have to find it yourselves. I will look tomorrow for sure. :-)

16 comments:

Spirited Earth said...

it is a good thing to share..oddly,it seems expected that women (and for some reason we fall for it) should place everyone's well being before their own..this should change.. it's funny how it takes someone saying a thing at just the right time to have a Huge light turn on that opens up a different pathway of thinking.

stregata said...

I also believe it is a good thing to share. When someone shows us a kindness that is unexpected, it can crack our shield of self-defense wide open. Which usually means that shield was already under considerable strain. Sending hugs your way...

Anonymous said...

Good for the lady from the council! She is a wise woman who has seen similar situations time and time before. I hope she set you free from al the things you should and shouldn't do.

On a lighter note: love the corded earrings. As to be in the mood for buttons ... I cannot get over the coincidence. Just wrote a blogpost yesterday about being in the mood for buttons:-) It must be contagious:-) Check out my button mood: http://urracaa.com/2011/08/04/in-a-knottin-and-buttonin-kinda-mood/
Don't you just love 'm?

steufel said...

Malin, I'm so glad someone thought about how you feel. I cannot image how it must be for you sometimes, so it is good to hear that this lady actually cared. Hopefully things are changing to the better.

Now to your earrings - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the frist ones. They are so cute and clever!

Heidi Post said...

I love buttons, but I just can't ever seem to get a handle on the best way to deal with them. I like what you're doing :)

It seems odd that anyone would try to make you feel bad for inconveniencing other people when YOU are the one with the disability! I'm glad you finally have people who understand that. And we should always bless the Beatles ♥

Rebecca said...

Oh Malin, such a lot of things I want to say to you in response to this post. Firstly, awesome earrings. Love the buttons, they're just gorgeous. And of course, I love those ear wires. I have them in my ears right now :-) The cording suits you well. And a great choice of song to sum up your post.

Secondly, your new assistant is totally right. I am so glad she said that to you and hopefully the tears were cathartic for you. Lots of love goes out to you from me and the universe. x x x

Leigh said...

How wonderful that you are so creatively open lately. And many cyber hugs to you on your needed good cry. I completely understand.

Malin de Koning said...

Thank you ladies! I am still digesting. I need much consideration. Thanks for giving it to me! I'll pull through. I'll come out stronger and wiser. But it is oooohhh so tough.

TesoriTrovati said...

1. Oh yes! Experiments are good! Thank you for reminding me that those button earrings that I created with some Earthenwoods are not failures, but are destined to show up somewhere in some fashion.
2. Hmmmm... I think that it is good to be inspired by I sort of think those yellow earrings are hideous. The color is all wrong. But I am glad that it could inform your design in a positive way!
3. Buttons! I have a TON of them! I think that maybe we should do a little international swap!
4. Love that idea. Simple. Stunning. I had a necklace made from cut glass bugles like that back in the 80s. Loved it. When it broke and went scattered I cried. I wish I had the pieces now that I know that they strung it on dental floss that could not hold up to the cut class on the ends! I would redo it but more today!
5.Glad you shared. We are a supportive community. You should be the one that they are focused on. It makes me hoppin' mad that this has not been the case for you! I know what a struggle this has been for you, and it seems as if you are finally getting the necessary help. Blessings!
Enjoy the day, sweet one!
Erin

Do Be Do Bead Do said...

The previous comments say all that I had hoped to say so I'll just add that I love your designs and wish you only the best. Oh, and if you WOULD like to have a little international button swap, I also have tons to share. Heck, we don't need to swap, I'd be happy to just plain share.

lunedreams said...

Yes, I've had the same experience! Someone is kind to you and they inadvertently unlock a door that has a sea of tears locked up behind it! Sometimes you don't know how worn thin and beaten up you've gotten, until somebody puts balm on the wounds you didn't even know you had. Your visitor was insightful, and I hope this realization leads to more freedom for you in leaning on others. Giving yourself "permission" to receive, or ask, from others is much harder than it sounds, and a very important thing to embrace. I hope you throw your arms around it!

Unknown said...

Hi Malin! I think YOU should always be considered with utmost care! It is the care givers duty to give you kindness and offer themselves to their utmost! Bless you.

Your earrings are lovely too!
I love necklaces with buttons. I made one awhile back and always missed it. It also had polymer clay fruit and that is hard to replace. Maybe I should try to make them in my Lampworking lol.

Be well and take good care Malin xx

Mary Harding said...

I am thinking of you Malin. I read your post and all the comments. My heart is heavy for you but I know you will find a way. Your designs are wonderful and they too will lead you to a brighter spot.

Elysian Studios said...

I love the Beatles too, my firend. It's funny how many people I seem to connect with these days that share the same creative passion for their music. Malin, I can't begin to say I understand what you are going through. However, I can say that I can see you are a very beautiful creative soul. Your story is probably a bit different than most, and I think that is what makes it so lovely. I can't even imagine the kindness of the words that resounded in your heart, and I am so glad for them. Please take time to think of what you need- because what you have to offer is something very precious and beautiful, indeed!

Linda Landig said...

Malin,
I am moved to tears by your post. I, too, have an autoimmune disease. In my case it is Lupus. I know the experience of a sudden kindness that breaks down all the brave walls you've erected to control the feelings of exhaustion and being over-whelmed. My heart is with you. I am so glad that a kind soul has come into your life to help.

Jo said...

Big ((((hugs)))) Malin. It's far too easy to concentrate on making sure that others are feeling ok rather than looking after yourself. I know I have done it this year especially, almost as a defence mechanism while I was ill - if I could make sure that everyone important to me was ok and coping ok with me being ill then I felt that I could cope better, but in reality I was hiding behind it all and very fragile underneath. I had a similar reaction to yours in the consultants office one day, but it made me feel more at peace and stronger a few days later.

Heavens! I didn't mean to write all that! All I really meant to say is that they are there to look after you - and you deserve to be looked after, to be cared for. Afterall, by caring for you your new assistant will also be caring for your family. Let someone else help you to carry the burdens.