Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

A few pieces of art that inspire me

I thought I'd share with you just a few random art pieces that I really like. And I assume that since I like them I am also inspired and influenced by them in my own work. In one way or another. I think I might come back to posting more art in the future. These happen to all be paintings. But I might as well post sculpture. Or architecture. Or illustration. Graphic design. Industrial design. And so on.

Swedish artist Birgit Broms - the Skaters.

Karel Appel, one of the front figures of the Cobra group.

Nicolas de Staël.

Jean Michel Basquiat.

Robert Motherwell.


Hope you like them too.

All my best,
Malin

4 comments:

Heidi Post said...

Bold color and whimsy? Surely you jest!

;)

TesoriTrovati said...

I totally see those influences in your art. I wonder what art I would select as my favorite and if it would be referenced in what I do? Intriguing idea!
Enjoy the day, Miss Malin!
Erin

Rebecca said...

These are so 'you' Malin! I can totally see them reflected in your work.

Lori Anderson said...

I like these a lot -- they're unique and unusual and perfect for jewelry inspiration.