Pages

Saturday 25 February 2012

Echo Creative Club February

This is the first time I participate in Jeannie K Dukic's Echo Creative Club. It will be three more times this year. :-)

I picked her black Peeled Paint beads 16 mm, to work with. Slightly out of my normal range, but I was really in the mood to make something different from what I normally do. These beads are super nice with their golden and copper leaf layers. Very light weight of course. And they also come in other colors, check Jeannie's blog for more info.


I decided to work with the black as a dominant color. The result is hopefully both dramatic and classy. I myself would wear these pieces with a black turtleneck jumper and all black clothes. The double pyramid glass beads in the necklace are shiny on the one side of the pendant, and matte on the other one. On the matte side I also used matte rounds, nearer to the clasp. In my stash I found the large vintage shiny bakelite type button, perfect for the closure. The hand made copper hoops for the earrings are really big.



Here's Jeannie's design team for February. Have a look.

Cindy Cima Edwards http://www.cindycima.com
Malin de Koning http://beadingbymalindekoning.blogspot.com - You are here!

All my best,
Malin

20 comments:

beautifullybrokenme said...

I was so excited to see your design this month Malin, and you didn't disappoint! These designs are sophisticated and sleek, and absolutely beautiful. I can see your design style in this set, and I am completely wanting to have it for my very own!

:) Molly

Therese's Treasures said...

Malin,
Love these they are really pretty and would go with just about any color you choose to wear.
Therese

Lola said...

These are really lovely Malin! I love how the use of black allows Jeannie’s beads to really pop! I also love how you put them all together to create one stunning focal on the necklace. Beautiful!

Heidi Post said...

How pretty! Definitely does look dressy, and I can totally see it with the outfit you described. Those beads are so striking and retro-modern. Love it!

Alice said...

Beautiful Malin! I love the rich colors of the beads you chose.

Courtney Breul said...

So very elegant and beautiful! I love the simplicity.

JeannieK said...

I have to say the simplicity and sophistication of these take my breath away...truly I'm not kiddin' around. These are my beads, my babies and I sent them to you knowing you would take good care to them. I also love that you used the large beads. thank you for creating such beauty.

Cindy Cima said...

The earrings are too cute! I love the copper ear wires!
The necklace is wonderful - could be worn with so many different outfits! Great job!

Kokopelli said...

Using all black beads makes the Peeled Paint Beads really pop! Great work with the hemp cord sticking out at the bottom and the matte and shiny beads on the necklace. Adds a lot of interest.

Barbara Lewis said...

So very dramatic, Malin! Great work!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Your design is so creative! Love the use of cording...makes your design so unique! Very nice!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Your design is so creative! Love the use of cording...makes your design so unique! Very nice!

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

As always, beautiful!

TesoriTrovati said...

Those two pieces are smart and classy. Just like you ;-) I love the simplicity and the way you thought through the matte and shiny. Perfect! Enjoy the day.
Erin

Shel said...

Malin - lovely work on your pieces!! I missed this post yesterday morning when I checked in - not sure why. I love these earrings and that necklace is so cool! I like how it's matte on one side, shiny on the other! You made Jeannie's beads truly shine - lovely, classy pieces!!

Tanya said...

Malin, that really is gorgeous. I love the simplicity and the black and gold. What a wonderful design.

CraftyHope said...

You definitely achieved classy with your pieces. While I can also see them being worn with black, your neutral palette ensures that they can really be worn with just about anything! Very cool.

Dawn Doucette said...

Love the bold contrast Malin! Truly, your design allows Jeannie's beads to pop! Job well done!
{Hugs!}

Unknown said...

I totally love your use of the black to keep it classy and elegant! Isn't it the best to work with her beads?

Lori Anderson said...

I love the elegant simplicity of this! Well done!