Art Bead Scene's Monthly Challenge for March is this painting by Marc Franz, called Deer in Forest.
I have made two pieces inspired by this painting. First off is a bracelet.
- Deer/fox by TreeWingStudio
- Saffron colored patinated chain by MissFickleMedia
- Dark blue colored patinated chain by MissFickleMedia
- Purple colored patinated toggle bar by MissFickleMedia
- Forest green metallic matte Magatama beads
- Rusty red metallic matte facetted czech glass beads
Isn't it a little bit funny that I all along have seen that creature as a deer. It was only when I was looking at the close-up photo belo, in my computer earlier today that I realized that it actually has a thick tail and that it instead of course is a FOX. It doesn't matter in the end. It is so sweet laying there all curled up. And foxes also lives in the woods.
And as I was going I suddenly found myself having made these earrings too. Sort of picking up, shape wise, on the swirly white lines in the painting, in which I kind of see the sound of the wind blowing through the tree leaves, and a just in general a magical and mystical atmosphere of the woods.
- The verdigris green patinated swirls by MissFickleMedia (there's three on either ear ring)
- Earwires and large jump rings from Vintaj
- Rusty red/brown seed beads
- Oxidized brass wire
Check out some more contributions in the ABS flickr group. There will be more of them coming until the end of the month.
All my best,